Pleasure Craft Tolls
COVID-19 Limitations on Pleasure Craft Transits
- Please be aware of COVID-19 related special procedures and limitations as detailed in the Pleasure Craft Bulletins specific to the lock(s) that you intend to transit.
- The automatic ticket dispensers located on the pleasure craft docks next to the locks will not be available this 2020 navigation season
Payment of Pleasure Craft Tolls
- Cash is no longer accepted as payment for tolls at Canadian locks
- For Iroquois Lock and the Welland Canal, Users must purchase e-tickets using a smartphone with the Secunik mobile app (via the link provided below)
- Download the mobile app
- Search for “SEAWAY”
- Our locks are identified as:
- IRO = Iroquois, ON
- NIALKS = Welland, ON
- Users wishing to transit Saint- Lambert, Côte Sainte-Catherine, or Beauharnois locks must use the new on-line pleasure craft lockage reservation system (Please see instructions on the Lockage Schedule page or in Seaway Pleasure Craft Bulletin – Montreal / Lake Ontario #7.)
To report any problems related to Secunik, please contact: email@example.com
The tolls apply only to pleasure craft up to 300 gross registered tonnes. Larger craft are subject to the regular tolls payable under the Seaway Schedule of Tolls which is included in the Seaway Handbook, together with the Seaway Practices and Procedures. The Handbook is available here on our website.
|South Shore Canal|
|St. Lambert Lock ($25.00 CAD)|
|Cote St. Catherine Lock ($25.00 CAD)|
|Beauharnois Lock 3 & 4 ($50.00 CAD)|
|Iroquois Lock ($25.00 CAD)|
|Welland Canal (eight locks)|
|Welland Locks ($200.00 CAD)|
Pleasure Craft Toll per Lock: $30 (cash, U.S. or Canadian funds)
At the American locks in the Montreal/Lake Ontario section, tolls for upbound craft will be collected by the officer in charge at the Bertrand H. Snell lock. Tolls for downbound craft will be collected by the officer in charge at the Dwight D. Eisenhower lock. Every effort should be made to have the exact toll (cash) available. No premium will be allowed for currency exchange rates.
American locks do not accept credit cards nor sell tickets at the locks; however, tickets can be purchased in advance at the www.pay.gov website (via the link below).