Pleasure Craft – Larocque Bridge (Saleberry-de-Valleyfield)
Recreational boating under the Larocque Bridge (Saleberry-de-Valleyfield) in the Beauharnois Canal
- No bridge lifts for pleasure craft will be conducted at the Larocque Bridge (Saleberry-de-Valleyfield) during peak hours on working days between 06:00 – 09:00 and 16:00 – 18:00 for the entire navigation season.
- During the summer period (June 13th to September 13th), bridge lifts will be performed at fixed times (if there are pleasure craft present).
|Bridge Lift Schedule for Pleasure Craft – Larocque Bridge (Saleberry-de-Valleyfield)
|17:00 (weekends and holidays)
- The passing of pleasure craft will be done as required between 20:00 and 06:00 during the summer period.
- Outside of the summer period, the passing of pleasure craft at the Larocque Bridge (Saleberry-de-Valleyfield) will be done as required with the exception of the peak hours as described above.
- Pleasure craft transiting under a red light must do so at their own risk.
- There is always the possibility for one or more pleasure craft to pass during a bridge lift for a commercial vessel. If this is the case, always be alert and careful.
- Pleasure craft operators must wait for the bridge lift outside of the main channel so as not to interfere with commercial vessel navigation.
- Pleasure craft operators are advised to beware of ships’ wakes.
- Bridge Lifts for pleasure craft will be conducted as per maritime traffic requirement at the Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague Bridge.